Do you want to provide temporary care to a child?
Foster care is meant to be temporary, until the child’s biological family is able to care for the child or until the Court terminates parental rights and an adoptive home is sought. Children entering into foster care typically have been removed from their biological family due to abuse, neglect, or abandonment. Consequently, children in the foster care system have been traumatized and will have higher needs than a typical child. Our philosophy at A Place To Call Home is to find loving & nurturing quality care for all children in foster care throughout Arizona. Every child deserves a loving environment to help them thrive and succeed in life.
Do you want to provide temporary care to a child or adult with special needs?
The need for quality care for children and adults with developmental disabilities is rising in Arizona, making it important for us to find supportive, loving homes for our children and adults with special needs. We are advocates for children & adults with special needs as well as their caregivers.
Minimum Requirements for foster licensing and adoption certification:
- Must be at least 21
- If married, both spouses must complete all licensing requirements
- Applicants must all attend APTCH pre-service training requirements
- All adults in the home must obtain a Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Family must be financially able to meet their own needs
- Applicants must show proof of lawful presence
- Must have the time to devote to a child or adult in need
- Home must be able to pass a home inspection.
- If you have a pool or spa, you must comply with safety guidelines.