Build your family through Adoption
Adopting a child through the foster care system is a great way to add to your family. APTCH is there for you throughout your adoption journey. There are many children in the State of Arizona who are waiting for their forever family.
Who are the children?
The children that are legally free for adoption are typically older children, part of sibling groups, or have higher medical, developmental, or behavioral needs.
Arizona has put together the Heart Gallery to feature children who are waiting for a forever family such as yourself. Click on the following link to learn more about the children currently available for adoption: http://childrensheartgallery.org/
Why adopt through the foster care system?
- Support from APTCH throughout the adoption journey
- Support from APTCH for one year after the adoption is finalized
- Give a child a forever home
- Adoption Subsidy maybe available
- Cost is minimal and in some cases cost is nothing
Minimum Requirements for Adoption Certification:
- Must be at least 18 yrs. old
- If married, both spouses must complete all licensing requirements
- Applicants must all APTCH pre-service training requirements
- All adults in the home must obtain a Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Family must financially able to meet their own needs
- Applicants must show proof of lawful presence
- Must have the time to devote to a child or adult in need
- Home must be able to pass a state inspection.
- If you have a pool or spa, you must meet safety guidelines.
Morning Scramble/Arizona Daily Mix Segments Featuring Children In Need of a Forever Home: